Approval within 24 hours of formal mortgage application.
Approval rate for owner occupier mortgage applications.
No Pen, No Paper, No Problem.
Apply in minutes using any digital device. Find out what you could borrow and what your monthly repayments might be. Use our repayments calculator.
Expert Advice, whenever you need it.
Questions? No problem. Our team of mortgage advisors will contact you to make sure you are happy with the information you have provided, and answer any questions you may have, before a formal application is processed.
Updates, at your fingertips
Use your personalised profile page to get the latest status updates regarding your application, and pick up messages we have left for you.
Approved. What next?
Personal service guaranteed. A dedicated mortgage handler will be assigned to you to make sure you have what you need to complete your mortgage, and purchase your home.
We lend up to 90% of Property Value
Our maximum Mortgage is normally 90% of the property value which means you will need at least 10% of the purchase price of your new home, plus any associated costs. If you are an investor, the maximum loan amount available is 60% of the property purchase price. The minimum loan amount we offer is €100,000 for investors and €50,000 for first time buyers, people moving home or switching mortgage provider.
As a general rule, Mortgage amounts of up to 3.5 times a sole applicant’s gross annual income are considered, and up to 3.5 times the combined gross annual incomes of joint applicants. This will vary according to individual circumstances.
You must be over 18 and security and insurance are also required. Lending criteria, terms and conditions apply. We’ll make sure all of this is clear to you up front. Bank of Ireland Mortgage Bank offers a range of other product options (in addition to those offered on this website) – please visit www.bankofireland.com to view these alternatives.
Choose to Combine Fixed and Variable Rates
Did you know that you can repay your mortgage at rates that are both fixed and variable?
Our mortgages allow you to have a portion of your mortgage on a variable rate and fix the rest. You can designate this any way you like. For example, you can put 80% of your mortgage on a fixed rate and the remaining 20% on a variable rate. It’s entirely up to you.
Our maximum mortgage term available is 35 years (to maximum age 70), and this is only available to First Time Buyers. Mortgage terms up to 30 years (to maximum age 70) are available to people to move home.
If you are moving home, your existing property must be sold and the proceeds paid off the original mortgage before the new mortgage can be drawn down.
Please note that all new mortgages applications are subject to income assessment which will vary according to individual circumstances.
Experience and Advice
We are part of the Bank of Ireland Group, and have a huge range of experience and expertise providing mortgages in Ireland.
We sell a range of first time buyer, mover and residential investor mortgages that are provided by Bank of Ireland Mortgage bank. You can view our mortgage rates here. Bank of Ireland Mortgage Bank offers a range of other product options (in addition to those offered on this website) – please visit www.bankofireland.com to view these alternatives.
The mortgagestore.ie service leverages an innovative online platform together with available advice from qualified financial advisors – aiming to make the mortgage process hassle-free for you from start to finish.
* APRC: Annual Percentage Rate of Charge